Friday, July 27, 2007

Cutting the Paper

For many years we have relied on paper towels at meal time, to clean up messes, to wipe our hands dry. I have always understood how wasteful this is, but just couldn't get out of the habit. Last weekend we started the process to finally break it. We bought some inexpensive but nice cotton napkins that we can use a few times then wash. Bought them in a bunch of pretty colors, too. I think we spent $18 and got 12 napkins. We also bought a package of 6 bar mop dishcloths for cleaning up messes - $8. This way we can use our handtowels specifically for our hands, rather than using them to clean up messes and then not wanting to wipe our hands on them. =) For me I guess it comes down to getting excited about a change so I want to do it, and then eventually just getting used to it and making it part of the routine. We'll see how the napkin thing is going in a month.

No comments: